“Delroyd”!!! Didn’t you use to be part of “Delaval”, “IMO”, “Boston Gear”, “Nuttall Gear”, and “Colfax”?
- Yes in all cases.
- We still are a part of “Nuttall Gear” located in Niagara Falls, N.Y. since Jan. 1998, however, Delroyd has been in business serving the worm gear industry since 1921.
- As of Nov. 2004 we are all part of the “Altra Industrial Motion Power Transmission Group”.
What kind of reducers do you make?
- Worm gear from 2” C.D. to 48” C.D. in single, double worm, helical worm & triple worm reduction.
- In either catalog standard cast iron construction or custom designed fabricated steel construction.
- With standard ratio’s of 5 to 1 thru 175,000 to 1.
- Single reductions as low as 2 to 1 and as high as 180 to 1… (Special non-std.)
What industries do you serve?
Do you make open gearing?
- Yes – straight cylindrical worm gearing.
- 2” thru 48” C.D. – ratio’s listed above.
- Reverse Engineering of existing sample worm and gear sets.
- Utilizing both traditional tangential hob cutting and non-standard custom fly tool cutting capabilities.
- Worms with hardened and ground threads as a standard.
Why worm gears over helical gears? Efficiency?
- Compactness in high ratio reduction and less moving parts.
- Higher momentary shock loads (300%) vs. (200%).
- Long quiet life – flow of torque is smooth and free from angular velocity changes. This design provides for less vibration, pulsation, and chatter.
- 90+% efficient up thru 50 to 1 ratio.
We are now a part of Regal Rexnord.
Cookies help us improve your website experience.